Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Getting an A for Initiative

My girls were preparing for bed earlier this evening.  They took a shower, brushed their teeth (still a battle) and got their PJs from the closet in the playroom.  All throughout this process, I was just watching them from afar, making sure no one gets rushed to the emergency room.

When it was time to put on their pajamas, my three-year old daughter still wanted to do it on her own.  

"Nemo is a big girl!  No more baby!"

Smiling at this progress, I gave her shirt and just let her be.  I continued working on my deliverables for work.  A few minutes after, I heard loud giggles, one of them sounding halfway giggle, halfway crying.

This is what I saw:

Where did the other arm-hole go, Mom?

Latest fashion?
But still, I give my daughter A for initiative.  That's progress right there.  I am confident you'll do it right next time.


3 comments:

  1. Cute! It's great to find your little ones trying to act like adults. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh just way too cute-- way. =)

    Aloha,

    Stopping by from Bloggy Moms October link up. Following ya now and can't wait to read more. I wanted to personally invite you to An Aloha Affair. A sweet link up with beautiful creatives just like you. I hope you'll join me for the ride at Local Sugar Hawaii-- I would love to have ya with me on this beautiful wave called life.

    xo,
    Nicole
    www.localsugarhawaii.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This kid stayed up until 3 o'clock in the morning last night watching Mickey Mouse.

    ReplyDelete