Monday, August 6, 2012

The Coolest Place To Be

No, it is not Disneyland.  Not even Pixar Studios.  Certainly not Enchanted Kingdom.

It is Mom's office.   

The company I work for recently launched the "Take our Children To Work" Day.  This is to help the young people explore possibilities for the future.  It also introduces the next generation to the technology, strategies and people that make us successful.



I will have to admit that I did not expect much.  Except for the tour to my NASA-like, state-of-the-art workplace, I thought my daughters are most likely going to run around out to enjoy the free space and nothing else.


Talk about second-guessing!


Two floors were transformed into child-friendly areas.  Training rooms were converted to theaters that play cartoon movies that we (as a company) were involved in. There were rooms that were converted into playgroup areas for smaller kids, simulation technology works, showcase area for innovative gadgets and photography 101 classes for bigger kids.  It was a mix of almost everything!


It is also worth mentioning that the active young troops were, of course, transformed into hungry monsters.   The organizers also addressed those with good food (Sugar House, baby!) and a whole lot of kiosks of free flowing popcorn, nachos, hotdogs and ice cream cones.  


Kindermusik did the playgroup classes.  Photobooths were accessible to seal in the memories.


It was worth the travel.  Kudos to the brains behind the concept!


My daughters still ask me if I am going to the office.  They want to go back and relive the memories.  One full day with mommy and daddy... in the coolest place to be.

















1 comment:

  1. Lovely kids! Sounds like they had so much fun. - Karina

    ReplyDelete