Saturday, September 24, 2011

Empty Nest Syndrome


I know it is too early for this yet because my eldest daughter is 5 years old but for almost two weeks now, there has been some big changes in our sleeping arrangement.  

Pot has her own room which she uses to put all her clothes, bags and toys.  The first time we moved, that room was the first room ever decorated - it being the bedroom of our then only princess.  She was involved in conceptualizing (e.g. choosing the wall color, the sheets, the cartoon characters to feature etc.) but she didn't want to sleep there.  Sleeping was solely done in Mommy and Daddy's room.  That is no longer the case these days.

Our little lady refuses to sleep in "Mom's room" anymore.  She stays with Mamu (grandma) who stays with Nemo at night.  I've asked her a few times to sleep right next to me but she refuses!

Now this somehow makes me feel deserted and sad.  What made her change her mind about Mom's room being her safety net at night when she sleeps?  It's silly.  She sleeps in the next room but still...

....

I've asked her again tonight to sleep with us. 

"No, Mommy.  I want to sleep here (she was in my Mom's room) again..."

"Okay" was all I can say.  I was closing the door when I heard her call me.

"Mommy, goodnight.  I love you."

Okay, I guess that makes me feel alright.... even for just a day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment