Thursday, February 14, 2013

My Kryptonite

The concept of maternal superpowers has always been an interesting conversation piece for me.  I believe that mothers have the ability to fly the heights as high as Superman, run as fast as Flash can, be as strong as The Hulk... you get the idea.  But like any superheroes, you'd come across that version of a Kryptonite - that one thing that makes your super human abilities weak.



Mine, for example, is being around dermatologists.


I know it sounds funny, but being around them makes me feel a lot more inferior than how I really am.  They have perfect skin, they glow like the characters of Breaking Dawn.  They seem to have the piercing way of looking at you...


This afternoon, I brought Nemo to the hospital to get the lesions on the sides of her mouth checked.  We saw her pediatrician who referred us to a dermatologist.  

It was the longest 15 minutes of my life.

The thoughts that were in my head while I was a few feet away from her:

           Damn, she has great skin!

           Oh my goodness, she is looking at me!  I feel like an oversize skin pore.

           Do I have warts that need to be removed?

          Is the skin discoloration from my pregnancies making me look like the 102nd 
         Dalmatian??


I know it is just weird thoughts in my head.  We were talking like regular adults.  It is just me and my funny insecurities around women with perfect skin. LOL!

Please excuse me while I regain my maternal superpowers back.  We'll be on regular programming in my next post. ;)




22 comments:

  1. Hahahah!!! The thoughts running in your head made me laugh. My kryptonite would probably be, surrounded by flawless white skin ladies. As in mga anak ni Bello. hahaha! I badly want to have a glowing skin ever since. That's why I'm not fond of the sun too. I can be the Cullens hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My "kryptonite" is those people with nice abs. I have a flabby one kasi. hhehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was funny! Dermatologists and their flawless skin scare me too, until I find myself buying their stuff, like Obagi (which cost around 20K for the complete set) and corresthetiques. haist

    ReplyDelete
  4. But dont feel inferior or anything like that sis though I cant blame you hehe.. But I agree with Marie, ang mahal ng Obagi line bet it's that good

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Kryptonite would be fit people!...though, many times I also don't really think about that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha nakakatawa naman 'to :) I think I have at least two batchmates who became Dermatologists. flawless nga sila.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahaha! You really made me laugh, Rose! I think most of us ladies are a bit insecure when it comes to our skin; uneven skin tone in my case!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahaha.. I do have insecurities too with women with beautiful skin and slim body. Hah! I wish I have them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahaha, ang laki ng tawa ko sa last part ng post mo, nakarelate - same anxieties here plus beautiful women

    ReplyDelete
  10. hahaha! I know exactly what you mean! You would just cry when they start pricking and you couldn't punch them for hurting you. ahhaha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahaha! I recently starting a new regimen to soften my skin...hihihi! Apparently, those face masks are really great help in moisturizing the skin.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww! We all have our insecurities. My kryptonite is public speaking. @@ Hate it.

    Oh, and if you're interested in exchanging links and following each other on GFC, please let me know through my blog. :)

    -Jemm
    http://thedracoprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Buti na lang Jemm commented before I did, or I would have felt like I'm an alien here. I don't have flawless skin, but I don't get queasy if I see people or dermatologists with flawless skin. Sure I get self-conscious, but I suppose that is not my kryptonite. I could just say "Wow, great skin..." Then I walk on. Chill lang hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  14. hahaha. why dont you ask the dermatologist of her secrets for a perfect skin? XD

    ReplyDelete
  15. wowwwww...mine will those ladies who has a very curvy body but without a bulging tummy. i mean how can they do that????? hayyy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh no, I'm sure you have great skin! Nakaka-conscious lang talaga matabi sa mga dermatologists. They know skin eh!

    But ang dami kong tawa dun sa 102nd dalmatian! :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. That would be worse if it's your skin you're talking about, hehe! I also feel like an oversized skin pore sometimes. I mean, it just seems like I'm a walking sponge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Same here, I'm insecure about my facial skin, too. LOL Age has caught up with me, and I'm running to the derma one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are funny! I no longer look so i wont be upset too. ha ha! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. i envy those flawless face plus small pores. as of now, I need facial and warts removal.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I wish I have great skin too but naku i have warts and largepores and all! Part of my regimen is to use anti aging moisturizer as early as now.

    ReplyDelete
  22. funny post. nde naman cguro sya nakatingin sa pores mo. :)

    ReplyDelete