Thursday, November 8, 2012

What Do They Watch On TV?

I had the chance to stay at home with some vacation days from work and the long weekends/holidays here in Manila.  It was fun spending some time with the kiddos but I cannot help but cringe at the few changes I noticed.

While I was doing some chores, Pot ran to me all bothered because Celia, Carlos Miguel's girlfriend, died (or something like that).  Patay na si Celia, Mommmmmy!  Kawawa si Carlos Miguel! What the heck is this kid watching???  It turns out it is some afternoon telenovela that somebody is an avid fan of.  (insert some mumbling here)

In the evening, while the girls are playing, Nemo got upset and threw a stool in front of Pot.  Apparently, this is how it is done when people get upset in another TV show.


These television shows do not take the blame for what the children see because, for one, the proper guidance from the MTRCB are shown at least once.  What is bothersome is even if the warnings are there, no one cares.


This is one of those days when I wish I can just stay home and take care of the kids. 

Do you have mommy woes similar to this that you would like to share?  


9 comments:

  1. Surprisingly, even Cartoon Network has shows with the word "stupid" mentioned by the characters...

    ReplyDelete
  2. your children are found of watching teleserye. hehe nadadala sila ng emotions. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. honestly, I rarely watch TV anymore. I rely on the net most of the times. I don't know, it's just that I always here bad or worse news every time that I'm beginning to hate it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's why i don't watch local shows with my kids. they easily absorb everything they see and hear. i only stick to Nickelodeon and Disney Junior. And yes, Cartoon Network has shows that are violent and says all the dumb things that you don't want to hear from your children.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Grace. If only I can stay home and raise them by my rules. :(

      Delete
  5. My son so far is only watching Disney Junior. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Television viewing should be monitored by parents. It could be better if you expose them to books instead :) By the way, would you like us to follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Farida! Sure thing. I visited your blog and it is lovely. I am trying to figure out how to do this using my phone. Wish me luck. ;)

      Delete
  7. This is one fear I have. Since my son's yaya is watching TV at day, my son sure is watching too. Good thing his yaya is not watching too much TV. Meron lang siya sinusubayayan un Please Be Careful with my Heart. My son keeps on calling me Maya and his Daddy, Sir Chief. Haha.

    Mommy Maye
    http://www.momaye.com

    ReplyDelete