Sunday, July 29, 2012

Another Year Older

The inevitable has come... I am another year older wiser older. :)  

Most of the time, I get nostalgic whenever I have my birthday.  You know that feeling when something life altering happens and everything flashes back for a split second?  I get that almost every year although mine tends to run a lot slower.  I usually lay down awake at night thinking about what has happened in my life.  There are years when it makes me generally sad but most years that I cannot say thank you enough.

There's a lot to be thankful for and a lot to forget.  My secret to staying happy is to keep all the good stuff and learn from the bad stuff before forgetting them completely.  It keeps me sane albeit that technique being a bit escapist.  

Cheers to more years, more parenting excitements and less bratty little girls! :)

(without looking it)

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday! That's a nice way of looking at it: keeping the good stuff and learning from the bad. I also get all reflective and nostalgic during my birthday. The introspection does us good, I guess :)

    ReplyDelete