Sunday, February 8, 2015

A Valentine's Interlude



As the holiday for lovers is fast approaching I thought I would do a post in relation.
The following short scene is from my novel, Regions of Passion, and involves a boy and a girl sharing their first kiss.  I do hope it inspires you, or at least makes you feel warm and fuzzy for a few minutes.
Happy Valentines Day, everyone.  You set the table and I’ll pour the wine.

Ingrid offered him coffee after the two of them were alone.  There was also a box of plain donuts next to the mirror.  Scott accepted both.  He found that he was ravenously hungry, and had to force himself to eat with some modicum of manners while in the presence of a lady.  He filled the spaces in between bites with the story of how Lisa had gotten him out of the police station.  Ingrid was fazed by none of it.  She was back in her sitting position on the bed, her legs crossed, her fingers spread on the mattress.
When Scott was done with all three of his courses--coffee, donuts, and story--she asked if he wanted a shower.  That welcoming smile, he noticed, was still on her face, but it had softened a little, and her eyes were shining in the light as if the mind behind them had discovered a dream that pleased her.
There was a new toothbrush in a holder under the mirror, as well as a small shaving kit.  With the shower done and a towel around his waist, Scott cleaned his teeth, and had his hand on the razor when Ingrid appeared in the doorway behind him.
"I forbid you to do that," she purred.
"What, shave?"
"Save the stubble, Mr. Johnson.  It's for a good cause."
Scott looked back at himself in the mirror.  "It's getting to be a bit more than stubble I think."
"No.  Let me see."
She came to him.  Her hand, small and soft, rose to touch his face.  A scent of lavender wafted from her hair.  Her fingers traced down his cheek to his chin. 
"It's okay, Scott.  Just right."
"In that case I'm glad you caught me in time."
"I caught you two years ago, didn't I?"  Her finger touched his lower lip and slid gently across it.  "Say it again," she whispered.  "Please."
Scott raised his hand to touch her face in return, brushing away a lock of brown hair.  Her skin felt smooth, delicate.  "What do you want me to say," he whispered back.
"I love you."
These words had never been a problem for him.  Ingrid would always be worth the bravery it took.  He moved closer, putting his other hand on her cheek, so that her face was fully cradled when he said:  "I love you, Ingrid."
It made her beam with joy.  A tiny breath of air slipped from her lungs.  Scott had never seen her smile with such abandon.  It suited her, like a ray of nourishing sunlight over a garden long rained upon.  Her cheeks turned red under his fingers.  She let out another breath, this one more of a laugh.
"You're blushing," he teased.
"Can I hear it one more time?"
"You can hear it as many times as you like.  I love you, Ingrid."
A second, delighted little laugh came.  She stood on tip-toe…
And Scott pressed his lips to hers, kissing her for the very first time.  His hands moved back through her hair, making their way down to her waist.  Ingrid responded by opening her fingers over his shoulder-blades, while her soft lips continued to drink the kiss in.  A sudden burst of sweet breath plumed from her nose, followed by a long gasp.  Scott, still holding his own breath, cautiously reached beneath the hem of her pajama top to caress the small of her back.  Ingrid went with it, arching her spine.  Her fingers found the front of his bare chest and began to rake with the nails.  But as they ventured towards his naval they suddenly froze and retreated with some abruptness, as if in fear of discovery.  Except that they weren't afraid at all.  Rather than moderate her advances, Ingrid arched an eyebrow up at him, and began to unbutton her top...









Tag Cavello is a novelist and short-story writer.
Download his stories (for free!) here and here
Download his novel, Regions of Passion, for only five good American dollars from these same web addresses!

Cheers!

12 comments:

  1. It's been awhile since I read nakakakilig stories. Is the story nice? Call me modest but first kiss then they ... already? Or not?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah you must discover that for yourself. If you so desire, of course. :)

      Delete
  2. Ohhhh, nice! i must wait for the second part of the story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great things start with first kiss haha. :) Would love to read the whole book/story :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Regions of Passion is available for download at the fine places mentioned above. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the story! Kakilig perfect for Valentines. Welcome back Sis and I'll see you around.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can remember reading romantic novels before. It sure could bring back the kilig moments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha. This led me back to my old HS days when I was so addicted to pocketbooks. Now, I don't read that much anymore. The last time I read a novel completely was back in 2012. hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh! This is perfect for Valentine's Day. When I was young, it was ok for me if I didn't have a date...as long as I had a nice romance novel to read and chocolates to keep me company :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this! it bring me back to my Highschool like where I'm such a big fan of romance novel and now I'm on with the series of Divergent book and I think its so fun..:) Happy Valentines day Sis:)
    www.wish4less.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting novel!! Perfect for the upcoming valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So perfect for Valentines day and even for Anniversary. Thanks for sharing Sis:)
    www.wish4less.com

    ReplyDelete