Thursday, November 20, 2014

The Tooth Fairy's Emergency Call

A few hours ago, I received a message to call home because my 7-year old daughter had a small accident. A few minutes after that, a text message from my husband arrived to inform that Pots had her two front (permanent) teeth chipped.  I had a heartbreak.  I didn't have a lot more information but that.

It turns out, she was playing in the bedroom and was running when she tripped on the see saw and landed face first.  My husband said he heard a crack. :(

.....

On my way home, my thoughts were racing - how can we have it fixed without scaring her?  Without traumatizing her... How much and how soon can we do this?  Was there anything that she could have hurt because of the fall?  Will her classmates make fun of how it looks?  My daughter is awfully shy.  I hope she will be okay.

By this time, I felt my insides somersault!  The thoughts were not helping.

The half-full thought to this, is that, it could have been worse.  I cannot even write what could have happened when she landed differently on that hard floor.  I thank fate, the Lord, the protector, heck, even her luck that it is JUST chipped teeth!

The tooth fairy, naturally, will make the experience less bitter when she wakes up tomorrow.  She has a couple of notes and shiny coins in the past.  This one is extra special. Check out the notes below:


The original letter (on the right) was written by Pots' Dad but since they are best friends and she knows her Dad's handwriting by heart, I had to rewrite it.  She will not know in the near future her parents do this.  Of course she will know when she is old enough.

Coupled with the silver coins that can make the experience less scary, we hope the note is read and taken by heart.






1 comment:

  1. How is she now sis? It has been almost 4 months na pala. I always remind my son to always be careful but kids are playful and accidents happens.

    Mommy Maye2
    www.ourfamilyblogsabout.info

    ReplyDelete