Saturday, November 2, 2013

Motherhood and Mush

I was watching The Voice 5 Marathon on AXN yesterday afternoon while I was working from home.  These days have been so stressful that I need to have music (or any sound in the background, really) to prevent myself from thinking too many thoughts.  I don't know if that makes sense.  Do you ever encounter that?

Anyways...

I was watching the early blind audition episodes and one 16-year old contestant and her family caught my attention.  It was just a typical interview and song number; she was quite good that she had a four-chair turn.  She was still singing when the camera was panned back on her family.  Focus on her kid brother - he was teary-eyed.  Then he said, "she is wonderful."  I swear that scene just made me cry!  A LOT!


What the heck, right?  I used to be a "toughy" when I was younger.  Now I think motherhood has brought out the mush in me.  I can cry as fast as Porsche's 0-60 in 4.6 seconds.  It's amazing!

So what other things made me cry so much recently?


Bill Pullman's speech in Independence Day:



McDonald's latest Happy Meal commercial:


I am telling you, I do not see any pattern.  It is crazy!

Do you have these moments too?  Please leave me stories in the comment section.  I would love to know that I am not the only person who has this. ;)



5 comments:

  1. Hubby and I are always watching The Voice and I remember that scene, yes. It was a lovely scene, coming from a little kid. :-)

    Naku, even before I became a mom, I'm such a cry-baby na kaya I have a lot to tell. Hahaha! But yeah, I guess mas naging iyakin ako ngayon. Hmm, let's see what made me cry recently. Ah, yeah, I cried watching the last part of Toy Story 3, the one where Andie was giving away his toys already. And I also cried at the scene in Rio (yep, the Disney cartoon) when Blu learned how to fly. I know, very random! So, sis, I feel you. You're not alone. ;-)

    And oh, when I became a mom, I also get touched very easily whenever I see scenes or stories about babies. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are not alone, I'm one of this crying thing too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember that Bill Pullman's speech in Independence Day movie, as in tindig balahibo and I cried too.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you on this one... I cry easily and more so now than when I was a selfish, thoughtless teenager. Maturing makes some of us more compassionate and appreciative of others. Love this post and off to see that McD commercial with Lola.
    Eliz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you/your loved ones are safe in the aftermath of Typhoon Haiyan.
    Sending prayers and blessings your way!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete