Thursday, October 24, 2013

A Ray of Sunshine

It was such an eventful day.  

There were heartbreaking revelations that I fear I cannot digest.  It was such a bad day.

My work day was toxic that it felt more like a Thursday than a Monday.  I had a ton of email to reply to - a lot needing careful consideration because one step can be deadly, career-wise.  Procrastination got to me again as I preferred to wait until it was the deadline before I sent out my peer feedback;  I had eight write-ups to do.  It.was.TOXIC!

By late afternoon, I felt like I was going to pass out.  How crazy can this day be?  I was working from home but there was no chance for a breather.  Then there are "requests" from the kids here and there. 

Mom, I want this.  Mom, can you get that? 

Then I saw it.  My six-year old daughter was in the kitchen, her small hands washing the plates and glasses they used for snacks.  My four-year old ran to hug and kiss me.  

Mommy, I love you.  

I guess she saw that I needed the confirmation.

Sometimes it takes those little things to affirm that, although you are hurting, life goes on.  Will things mend to the way they were before they were broken?  I don't know.  I just know that, in case it stays broken, there are blessings to be thankful for; there are rays of sunshine even when dark clouds cover them.


12 comments:

  1. Yes and when they affirm their love for us.... we realize all the hassles were worth it. What a beautiful share. Glad to connect.
    Eliz

    ReplyDelete
  2. The smiles, kisses, hugs and love is always SWEET! nakakawala ng pagod...:) seeing your kids happy and smiling is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these whole month and so have been too eventful for me and the whole Zamboanga City...but there have been rays of sunshine that do bright up the sky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so tue. I have been feeling down few weeks ago but my son never fail to keep the smile on my face. I know everything will be okay and whatever's happening, it will pass. We just need to be positive and keep positive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww so cute! Very touching. Nakakarelate ako because I'm having stressful days, too. Pero one lambing from my toddler, suddenly everything's fine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's those little rays of light that helps us and lifts us up when we're slumped on the ground. It's those little things and gestures that tell us things will be alright. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A kiss, a smile, a hug from my son also takes away the stress... truly a stress reliever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Truly, God has amazing ways of balancing things.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was a great stress-reliever.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The perks of being a mommy. You realize what all the hard work is for. Suddenly, you got the energy to keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  11. no doubt that kisses and hugs from your kids will get rid kahit anong pagod pa yan..:-)

    ReplyDelete