Friday, June 21, 2013

Zen vs. Road Rage

I want to believe that I am good at keeping my composure. Most times, I just let things slide. The worst thing you might hear from me is a hum, a sniff and it's like that awful things did not happen.

Then there are the not so frequent "Ohhh-I-so-want-to-punch-you-in-the-face" moments which instantly consumes my inner peace.  

This evening was one of those moments.  On our way home from Festival Mall, we were greeted by the biggest bottleneck in front of the Metropolis.  It's always bad there with all the cars, friggin' jeepneys and buses - all wanting to take a U-turn.

Let me try my best to help you visualize.  Think of a 6-lane road.  All of these roads have a fair mix of vehicles.  The first five lanes to the left then gets into a bottleneck going to the other direction to take a U-turn.

Everyone was boxing out the lanes to take that single U-turn slot.  It was mental!!  The bus to our right looked like it wanted to exchange paints because it was too close. If the driver sneezed, I would probably get his germs.  On top of that, people were crossing the street/leisurely riding the jeeps like it was the safest thing to do! Double-mental!!

So I got home with a huge headache and an equally awful body pain.  My husband wasn't exactly feeling giddy either.

Hummmm.... hummmm...

This tranquility is brought to you by my lavander-scented candle.

(Okay, so I had my favorite 400-calorie milk tea too but let's keep this as our little secret).


24 comments:

  1. I love your blog lay-out its so cute! Not so secret anymore! heheh get some rest:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats y sometimes hubby commutes nalang at least pag nasa puj u can sleep off the traffic pero pag naka car ay na, pagod kana sa work, pagod kapa nagdrive. ok lang traffic, basta u ride home safe. :) love ur attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess this is a common scenario in the metropolis. Hay... just last Sunday we experienced the same thing. It was also raining hard and 3 lanes were occupied by motorists turn and only one lane left to go forward. It was stressful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Driving on a road can be extremely stressful I know.. sometimes I rather just be the passanger.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just this morning we are late. We are just two blocks away. Kaloka. We are stuck on the road for like 45 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always got imbyerna when I'm the one driving but if it's hubby medyo cool lang ako hehehe..

    ReplyDelete
  7. coolness! we have the same name. :) anyways, road rage stresses the hell out of me. when my uncle was still alive i used to fear for his life because he was very antagonistic towards anyone who would cut lanes. probably it's a blessing in disguise as well that i don't know how to drive. i don't how i'd deal with abusive drivers. i just might surprise myself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cant help laughing soon I read your lines..."The bus to our right looked like it wanted to exchange paints because it was too close. If the driver sneezed, I would probably get his germs. "
    I can feel your irritation but still you managed to make it sound funny for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I suffer from really bad road rage too. I think mahirap yata what with all the bad roads and undisciplined drivers here. =(

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can imagine what you felt. Luckily in the countryside, we don't have to deal with this type of problem. You're also good in dealing with it. Matry nga ang scented candle next time. =)

    -Kristine @ A Changed Life

    ReplyDelete
  11. traffic in manila is something i would never miss... i get agitated by loony drivers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Milk tea and a quiet time with a scented candle can really take all the stress away.

    ReplyDelete
  13. kaya nga siguro it's better not to drive na lang and be a commuter sometimes, hihi! yeah, i think that scented candle and milk tea can really do the trick to calm your nerves. :-) nice one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think the main reason why I declined working in Manila despite that there are more industries where I can work there is that I was always exhausted with metro roads. Seems like always busy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have learned to while away my time in traffic...but if you have an important appointment, it is a bummer talaga. Good thing I just walk to and from work...that's the beauty of living near the workplace. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. And that's why I've never worked anywhere that's more than 15 minutes away from home. And also why I still have a Student Driver's License until now. I'd freeze when caught in traffic.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sometimes I think I'm capable of road rage. I am always cursing other drivers when they're not behaving well. Haha. Pero cool lang dapat, chill.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Di ba may saying that goes, "I never learned to curse, until I learned to drive!" My goodness I know how that feels sis. Road rage is the easiest thing to do, but your sane(r) self would always tell you that going zen is much better. :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh em, road rage nga! I never experienced anything like this, to be honest. Promise, the usual traffic in Mla is already "heavy nakaka-highblood traffic" na in Davao!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is one of the reasons why I rather stay home than go out, unless really, really necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Any traffic could be really so stressful dear! It usually gives me migraine naman. What I do is I drink a lot of water. It helps me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hay naku anu pa ba ang aasahan sa mga drivers in the metro..lalo na ang mga bus drivers.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hope you are doing better. I did smile at the humor of it but that your story is so much like many of experience too. We can relate. ;-)
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  24. pag may mga bus talaga nakakatakot magdrive minsan.. i think thats why i havent learn to drive pa..

    ReplyDelete