Thursday, December 6, 2012

Picture Perfect: Pic-A-Boo!

Back when I was very excited about the concept of parenting (insert laughter here), my mind always wandered to the thoughts and plans of how I can document my daughters' growth.  My inexperience proved that it can get pricey but fun!  It felt like lighting up fireworks just when everyone's about to fall asleep. 

My family was a frequent visitor of Pic-A-Boo, an upcoming children's photo studio circa 2007.  They have tempting deals that parents cannot say no to.  The first time I went to their branch at SM The Block, I was mesmerized by how they made everything look good - even the costumes that my baby girl back then did not really like.  I ended up spending about Php 6,000, got a  free membership card, some free 8R prints and a CD of all the pictures they took in low resolution.  The photographers KNOW their thing.  The only thing the babies needed to do was to smile and have fun!

So I ended up going back over and over again - the yearning being close to an addiction.  I just have to get more!!










A few years after, we went to live south of Manila.  I had another baby girl who was a little ball of fire just like her sister.  It was around her birthday when we learned that Pic-A-Boo has another branch - this time in Megamall!

So we took little Nemo, who was always mistaken as a handsome boy because she didn't have hair then.  She had lovely pictures taken by the equally talented folks over at Megamall.  (Pictures to follow)

One precious experience was when we received a call from one of the members of their staff to inform that they have chosen one of her pictures to put in the flyer <insert big mommy smiles>.  I love it!!!  It is so cute!  They still use it until now.  I'm STILL mesmerized.

One of these days, I would have to get my fix.  Pic-A-Boo, here we come!

For more details and to view lovely pictures of children, please like them on Facebook.





33 comments:

  1. ohh.. lovely little miss, she knows how to post in front of the camera..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your kids, they are so adorable:)... more babies to come (hopefully a baby boy :) )

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is certainly difficult to be taking photos of babies because you have to wait for the magical moment(especially when they are cranky or unfamiliar with the place or a stranger is infront of them instead of mom)when they will smile or give that laugh. I love love baby pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We don't have fancy studios here in the province. The fanciest I know of is in the next city. I'm guessing they provided your kids with costumes? They photograph beautifully, I think, the photos look good because of the models.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I notice that your daughter has expressive eyes. Lovely photos. Will wait for the lovely photos of the younger sister.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They should have given you some freebies for using your baby's picture :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. your kids are adorable. and yes, the photos were great. i think my daughter and i need to visit them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your baby is so cute! She would pass for a tvc!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 6K is a lot of money hehehe. Is the membership a lifetime one or something you renew after some time? They do take lovely pictures and your babies are quite adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Aileen! You don't actually need a membership to have your pictures taken. The card is valid for one year which gives you freebies whenever there's a special occasion (famkly member's bday, Christmas, mall sale etc). Freebies are extra prints, or yun full copies of your kids' photos on a disc). :)

      Delete
  10. your girls are so pretty adorable

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow that's very cute. I once wished of having my on photo studio for kids and babies kaso mahirap pala hehehe..

    ReplyDelete
  12. She's so pretty! I love the costumes! I also have a friend who brings her daughter to the photo studio every month. I'm thinking of doing that as well once I have kids, but it's very costly!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, your daughter is really pretty! I like the costume too especially the first one. But I guess Aileen is right. It's quite pricey huh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely photos! Galing talaga ng ganyang services. Ako sana I wanted to do kid or lifestyle photography pero mas gusto ko natural setting. But I haven't progressed enough in my photography to ask people to pay me. Someday maybe. hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have such beautiful daughters! I do agree that professional photographers have a way of bringing out the best in their subjects. That's why I do make sure that the entire family gets to have a picture taken at a studio at least once a year. When budget permits, we also schedule an outdoor pictorial where the photographer can take candid pics of the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  16. If we can have photos like these, then we may get our money's worth!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely kiddie pics. Those smiles are priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  18. your kids are just adorable. its great to capture those smiles in the pics talaga so you can always go back to it when they get older.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's really lovely seeing kids with their cute little smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a sweet thing to document our children through photography. I hope we get good shots too, since my hubby's a photographer.

    ReplyDelete
  21. your lucky to have a child that is not shy to pose for the cam.. my little one is a camera shy...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely photos of lovely little girls! It's a bit pricey, though! :P

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh lovely photos! But the kids are lovelier! hmmmm...6k....

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cute photos! My Henry also had his first photo shoot session at Pic-A-Boo in Megamall. I love their proprs and the people are very friendly. I think you can get unlimited shots from them and then choose what you like best.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Cute photos! I always wanted to learn photography because I want to take photos of almost a lot of things such as babies. They're such cute subjects and perfect stress-relievers too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Nicely done photos. Your daughter looks more beautiful with their pix. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. So beautiful. I don't have pictures when I was still a kid. Good for her that she can see how beautiful she is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Photos shouldn't be taken for granted. Buti Na Lang I have photographers arnd me - my hubby and SIL. Your dawtys look amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. woah, such a cutie! i wish i have like these photos when i was young.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I want a baby girl! Ang tagal ko na gusto magpaphoto ops pero di ko masingit sa schedule. I wonder if they can handle my super likot and kulit son.

    Mommy Maye

    ReplyDelete
  31. gusto ko dn ng babygirl sa future pra may aayusan :P

    ReplyDelete