Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Life's Wonderful Balance

Ahhh... career life.  There are concrete goals to where we want to be in one, five, and ten years.  I want to earn my first million in two years; I want to manage my department in five years and get to establish my own firm in ten. This is not bad at all because it keeps you focused; it gives you a goal and a gauge if everything is turning out right.  

 A younger version of me was like that before.  I have a clear of set of goals that plots all the way to my 40s.  Somewhere along those goals, I see myself going around the globe for business trips.  Having more than one home depending on where I will be.

In my more than ten years of working, I got stuck in the rat race.  There was a time that fifteen hours at work was inevitable... Burnout followed shortly after that experience.

What did I do wrong?  I worked hard but not smart.  I learned that work-life balance is a vital part to achieving your goals.  A mad-dash to get something is not healthy.

So what did I do?  I stepped one foot backward and looked at the big picture.  I went out more.

What I am trying to say is I love the balance I have now.  I love my time with my husband, kids and my friends.  I aim to chill and enjoy the goodness of life.

Speaking of going out. I want to see the goodness of the Philippines more.  It gives that fresh new perspective in life.  Where do we go next?

  


No comments:

Post a Comment