Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Toddler-Given Superpowers


It’s been more than a month since our household help went home.  I cannot begin to tell you how difficult it is to maintain a house, take care of two active toddlers and have an eight-hour job.  We turn into awful, on-the-brink-of-a-nervous-breakdown parents and we feel bad afterwards.  It is exhausting!  The highest award should be given to mothers (fathers and grandparents too) who do this full-time for life.

This afternoon, tiredness got to me.  As soon as I got home, I lay down in bed right next to a napping two-year old. A few minutes that, I was awaken to see this:



It must be some kind of a superpower gift.  Maybe Nemo saw how the fatigue was getting to me… maybe she is some superpower-giving God.  Maybe now I can just beam out any dirt in the house; or zap the dirty clothes, plates, bottles and pots and it will all be spotless again.

Or maybe…

If I sing “A Spoonful of Sugar” and snap, everything else will fall into place. 



Wouldn’t that be groovy?

I bid you farewell for now.. I need to start snapping away. :)

1 comment:

  1. If I ask my son to draw this on my arm, will I get the same superpowers? :) Entertaining! Thank you for brightening up my day. - Janice

    ReplyDelete