Thursday, February 23, 2012

I Don't Know How She Does It

I admire mothers who have a successful work-life balance.  Mine has been a challenge - I feel that I've been trying, too hard, that I get to screw up both.  Right now I feel that had I been more present in Pot's life, she would have finished her first year in Kindergarden.  If I was not busy thinking about home, work performance would have been better.

An office friend recommended that I watch "I Don't Know How She Does It."  It stars Sarah Jessica Parker who portrays a working mother trying desperately to juggle marriage, children, and a high-stress job.  Frankly, apart from the movie hitting home because of the oh-too-familiar scenario, I was not expecting so much.




... and yes, there isn't a lot to look forward to.  The flick does not merit an Oscar or a trip to the Cannes Film Festival because of its brilliance.  But it is still enjoyable, quite a feel good movie.  Isn't that how it is suppose to be sometimes?  You leave all the analysis and logic aside and just enjoy the moment?




Would you like the movie because of the similarities with your life?  Or would you hate it for the same reason?  Go watch it and find out.

P.S.
I could not resist checking out Rotten Tomatoes.  Drum roll please!  
It got a whopping 17% rating.  I told you it is not an Oscar movie. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment